Tuesday, February 9, 2010

God is Doing a New Thing!

Welcome to my new "Blog" site.  I thought about calling this site - "Baird's Blog", but that sounded too much like "Baird's Bog" which, unfortunately is what my front yard looks like when it gets too much sprinkling.  Each week I will update this new site with ruminations I am having, favorite poems, Bible quotes, ideas about the world, and other various and sundry pontifications and reflections...

Here's what I am thinking about this week:

I believe there is a new movement occurring in Christianity.  It doesn't look like anything we have ever seen before.  After a tumultuous and exciting 2,010 years of Christ followers and over 5,000 years of people of the Judaic/Christian faith, I am convinced we are entering a new time.  

The book of Isaiah says, "Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.  See, I am doing a new thing!  Now it springs up, do you not perceive it?  I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland." (Isaiah 44:18-19)

Many people have recently been asking been asking me what God's "new church thing" will look like.  The truth is I don't know.  I can say that what God is doing at Highlands Church definitely looks new and that God seems to be making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland where we live.  


No comments:

Post a Comment